Athletes wanting to participate in the following events MUST meet the criteria, which take effect Jan. 1, 2014.
2014 World Championships - Must be the highest ranking U.S. athlete on the IJF WORLD RANKING LIST 2013 (or check at WWW.IJF.ORG) in his or her weight division as of June 30, 2014, AND must be ranked in the top 35 males and top 30 females on the WRL. No athletes will be able to compete if they do not meet the above criteria - no exceptions!
2014 Pan American Championships - Must be the highest ranking U.S. athlete on the WRL in his or her weight division as of March 24, 2014.
Continental Cups - Must meet one of the following criteria:
- In top six on USA Judo national rooster;
- Placed in top five at Senior Nationals in the past two years;
- Placed in top seven at Junior Worlds;
- Placed in top five at EUA B-level competition;
- A previous World Team Member or Olympic Team Member.
*Qualifying athletes may petition to move a weight class if a slot is open.
Grand Prix or Grand Slam - Must have finished in top five at a Pan Am Championships, a Pan Am Games or a Continental Cup; or must have been a member of a previous World Team; or finished in top five in one of the past two Junior World Championships.
- JUDO RIO 2013 - Breaking Borders